Sunday 19 July 2015

Soggy in the 'Burg!

Jest a quick check in wit'ye's me mate's as we rounds the corner into the last week into the Lunenburg Invasion! Arggg!!!! Ye's best be gettin' yer 'pirate on'...if ye's knows wut's good fer ye!

This here week'nd in the 'Burg was a might bit soggy! But all me sailin' kin knows that comes wit' th' ter'tory! Most o'me crew was high and dry in the drinkin' establishm'nts..and findi' other scurvy ways to amuse themselves.  I took a skulk 'round the fine town t'is marnin' and found a wee vessel docked at the wharf, flying the flag of France. (http://www.hermione2015.com/#home) Good t'ing is landed this 'ere week'nd and not the next as we may o' been boardin' 'er and takin' 'er ov'r! She was a fine bit well craft'd comp'red to that ol' leakin' sieve "The Quesy Spew' that Scabby Dan tries to keep afloat! That t'ing has more holes in it than his ol' socks....and smells jest as bad!
I also noticed with me fine piratin' observin' skills lots of painter's about the fine town. Mind ye, some would argue they's hard to miss with ther bright yellow t-shirts.  They's wasn't the piratin' kinds a painter's, they was paintin' more than the poop deck on an ol'leaky ship.  I chatted with a few of them, trying to git some info on how long the big ship would be around...'casin' we could attack before's it left. The artists wus a fine crew, very talent'd and friendly, ev'n to a smelly scoundrel like's me.  'pparently, they paint's up their artwork during the day, and them sells them lovel' pictures the same day! I spoke to Suzanne Hastings-James, as she shivered in the rain and fog and she told me this 'ere event is for fundraisin' for the Lunenburg Art Gallery and some of the monies goes fer kids learnin' 'bout art! (http://www.lunenburgartgallery.com/PSOS.php)  A fine crew I says!!!



So, me matey's set yer alarm clocks, yer calendars, and yer rickety ol' bodies up fer the big countdown to the Lunenburg Invasion this Saturday and Sunday July 25th and 26th! Stay tuned for the "Rogues Gallery" featurin' some of the lowest of low life's ye'll have the great misfortune of meetin' next weekend in Lunenburg! Arggg!!!

Fair winds, me matey's.  May y'itch less tom'rro then ya did t’day!

Bloody Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment