Sunday 12 July 2015

Arrrggg! Break away!

Arggg!!! Me crew be drivin' me nuts this last few weks...which, don't get's me wrong, w's pirates and we drives each udder nuts, and udder people nuts ever'day. Anyways, by Friday I'd had enoug' with the fartin', and the belchin' and the scratchin' and the bickerin'. So, I decides to take a little skulk down th' shore...ye know, even a pirate needs a l'il 'down'time'...Har! Har! Har! 

I snuck down the shore in a wee boat I 'borrowed' from the Lunenburg dock, the Theresa E. Connor (http://fisheriesmuseum.novascotia.ca/educational-resources/newsletter/theresa-e-connor). Th'owners wasn't 'round, so I gest helped meself, I'm sure they likes to share! 
 I sailed clear down to that ol' Privateer scoundrel hideout, Liverpool, in full disguise, so the Kings Orange Rangers,   (http://www.royalprovincial.com/reenactors/groups/kor.shtml ) wouldn't be suspectin' me.  
 
I slipped into that fine port under the cover of darkness. That well known Pirate tavern, "Lane's Privateer Inn" (http://www.lanesprivateerinn.com/splash/index.html) was servin' up some fine grog and I stumbled out with me belly full. 
I met up with me ol' lyin, thievin' sister, "Toothless Nelly"...she's a rare gem of scurvy. She drug me ov'r t' dis here fancy mansion,  called Queens Place...and I was a figurin' on we be lootin' the Queen! Har! Har! But no, we sat down widd a few udder people's and then dis amazin' group of fine ruffians bursts out...and starts a singin', somethin' about a Rodeo(http://www.theadvance.ca/News/Local/2015-04-01/article-4097711/Blue-Rodeo-to-hit-the-stage-at-Queens-Place-Emera-Centre/1)    ...not sure ab't that....I's a pirate not a cowboy! The lights wus a' flashin' and the scallywag's in the audience wuz a singin' right out loud! Since I never misses a party, I settled in and joined the signin' fer a fine night! Me ribs are sore though...that ol' crust, Toothless, was a jabbin' me in the ribs, to shut me gob...app'rently I's the only who thinks I kin sing!

Now's back in the Port o' Lunenburg, minus a shoe and a few brain cells....an' fer a pirate like's me, ye knows I don't have many to spare! Settlin' in with the crew ag'n, and ev'n tho they's a smelly, rowdy bunch,  I thinks I miss'd them a wee bit....Arrgg! That'll pass fer sure!  The schemin's a starrtin' ag'n with a few scoutin' missions to pr'pare for the 25th and 26th.  Stay tuned fer some "PirateBayNS News' as them crusty pirates Mad Maddi, Scabby Dan and yers truly, keeps y'up to date with some scoutin' of the sights of the fine town o'Lunenburg.

Fair winds, me matey's.  May y'itch less tom'rro then ya did t’day!

Bloody Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment